In FY 2018-2019 Florida’s 42 Certified Domestic Violence Centers Assisted:
• 85,976 callers on the Domestic Violence crisis hotline
• 14,817 people with emergency shelter
• 163,938 survivors with safety plans
In 2019 Our Shelter Staff:
• Provided emergency shelter for 358 people fleeing a domestic violence environment, 148 of these people were children.
• Turned away 280 adult survivors seeking emergency shelter to escape domestic violence due to no space available in our shelter. *This number does not account for the children that would be accompanying the adult survivors.*